Kawana Island Meeting Place
Covid-19 Safety Measures
Sunshine Coast Councils owned and operated venues will enforce social distancing restrictions in accordance with the Queensland Government's step-down approach to eased restrictions and has developed Community Spaces Pandemic Protocol. These safety measures include new Covid-19 capacities with a maximum of 20 patrons.
The Public Health Direction also introduces other mandatory risk mitigation measures which include but are not limited to the following -
• Physical distancing 1.5 meters
• 4 square metres per person when indoors
• Hand hygiene
• Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfestation
Suitable for community groups, meetings, small seminars, training rooms or low physical activities like Yoga or Pilates and private functions.
This self-service, wheelchair accessible venue is located within the Kawana Island residential areas alongside Double Bay Beach Park and the waters of Lake Parrearra. The venue is in close proximity to eateries and a convenience store.
The venue offers two spaces for hire with a removable wall that allows the rooms to be combined for one larger space. Due to the current safety measures in place, the two rooms are not available for individual hire, the venue is to be hired as a whole.
- Two meeting rooms which can be booked individually or together as one larger space
- Adjoining kitchen shared between the two spaces
- Toilet amenities including disabled toilets shared between the two spaces
Accessibility and Parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- 5 car parks including disabled space with additional street parking is along Grand Parade
Fees and Charges
Venue hire and bond charges are dependent on the hirer and event categories. Please refer to the fees and charges in the above quick links for more information. Cleaning and security charges may also apply and depend on the event circumstances, please discuss with the Venue Officer.
- 5 rectangular tables per meeting room
- 30 chairs per meeting room
- Large mobile whiteboard per meeting room
- Domestic fridge with freezer
- Stove top
- 8L urn
- Crockery and cutlery
*It is the responsibility of the hirer to set up and pack down the venue
The Booking Officer for this venue is located at Venue 114, 114 Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina.