Kawana Community Hall
Kawana Community Hall is a self-service venue and is located in central Kawana and is adjacent to the Kawana Library. This community space shares a large undercover rotunda area and public toilets with the library. The venue is in close proximity to shops, public transport, parks and Kawana Beach.
Suitable for community groups, concerts, dance/sporting classes, meetings and private functions.
- Large open hall
- Large stage area complete with a piano, audio equipment and lighting infrastructure
- Two adjoining dressing rooms (either side of stage) with toilet and shower facilities
- Commercial kitchen with internal & external serving capabilities
- Air conditioning
- 50 rectangular tables
- 350 chairs
- PA system, piano and lighting infrastructure
- Convection oven with gas hotplates
- Large refrigerator
- Large selection of crockery and cutlery
*It is the responsibility of the hirer to set up and pack down the venue
- Wheelchair accessible to main hall only
- Rear stage loading dock
- Onsite parking including disabled spaces
Fees and Charges:
- Venue hire cost is dependent on the hirer category
- Bond cost is dependent on the event category
- Cleaning and security charges may apply and depend on the event circumstances, please discuss with the Booking Officer
The Booking Officer for this venue is located at Venue 114, 114 Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina.
Sunshine Coast Councils owned and operated venues will enforce social distancing restrictions in accordance with the Queensland Government's step-down approach to eased restrictions. These safety measures include new Covid-19 capacities with a maximum of 20 patrons.
The Public Health Direction also introduces other mandatory risk mitigation measures which include but are not limited to the following -
• Physical distancing 1.5 meters
• 4 square metres per person when indoors
• Hand hygiene
• Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfestation