Privacy and copyright notice
Council is committed to protecting User privacy. Council understands and appreciates that visitors to, and Users of, this website and the System, are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of information they provide.
Council's policy is to respect and protect the privacy of the System Users and, as a general rule, council does not collect personal information about you when you use the System. You are able to use the System without revealing any of your personal information. Some elements on the System require Java scripting enabled on your browser for full functionality. You will only need to manually turn scripting on if you are experiencing difficulties, as most browsers will have it enabled by default. Scripting has been used for the System as a security measure against software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet.
Recording your visit
When you use the System, council makes a record of your use and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .edu, .net, .org, .au, .nz etc.)
- the date and time of your visit to the System
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- any previous website you visited
- the type of browser you used.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect computer logs.
Recording your email address
Council will only record your email address if you authorise council to do so. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you authorise council to do so. Council will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Collecting personal information
Council will not collect or solicit personal information via the System which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of council, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
Because there are risks associated with using the Internet as a transmission medium, when council use electronic forms to collect information, Council will use its best endeavours to provide you with other options for providing the information – for example, a paper form and mailing address and a telephone contact.
Publishing personal information
Council will only publish personal information in relation to the System if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge or if you have consented to the disclosure. When giving such consent you should be aware that information published in relation to the System is accessible to millions of people from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any Web user. This means that, once the information is published on this System, council will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
© Sunshine Coast Regional Council 2009-current.
Sunshine Coast Council™ is a registered trademark of Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
All content on the System, regardless of origin, is generally protected by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
Council supports the sharing of information and the use of website content as permitted under Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), for example for private study, research, criticism or review. Except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or in this notice, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the content in the System, or create any other material using material in the System, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the information.
Council grants you a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the contents of the System onto your Web browser (and any cache file produced by your Web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing and/or hearing the content of the System.
Logos and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner. The products, technology and processes contained in the System may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by council or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as expressly set out in the terms. Your use of the System must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
Find Council on Facebook
Through Facebook, Venue 114 aims to keep you up to date on all the latest news and events. Posts will include:
- upcoming events and activities happening on the Coast
- important news updates
- replies and direct messages.
Posts and replies
Please use council’s Facebook page to respond to council posts only. Council will reply to you as quickly as possible, however staff are available during business hours only – 8.30 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. If you have a formal request or enquiry, a complaint or a submission. Please contact the Venue directly, email@example.com, or 07 5413 1400. Please note that council’s Facebook page is moderated and any vexatious, defamatory or malicious comments will be removed.
- post anything that could be considered prejudicial, racist, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, vexatious, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
- swear. We want everyone to be comfortable visiting here to get the information we try to provide.
- harass or make personal attacks against other users, councillors or council staff. Please be respectful of others and their opinions.
- repost other people's appeals, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered spam.
- link to other Facebook pages, any non-government or off-topic page.
- report any offensive material on Facebook to this page, or post a link to it. Complaints about offensive material should be made directly to Facebook.
Although council takes care in producing the content for Facebook, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete, and current or that the data is free from defects or malicious code such as viruses. Council does not accept any responsibility if you incur any loss or damage (however it was caused) in connection with the use of Facebook or any website to which it links. Council may not endorse content contained on other websites linked to its Facebook page.
Privacy collection notice
Your profile name from Facebook is collected by council for the purposes of addressing your enquiry, maintaining a record of correspondence and managing its Facebook page. No other personal information is collected by council from Facebook.
Council’s Facebook page includes the following collection notice, in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009:
This Facebook page is for the purpose of providing updated details on Venue 114 news and events across the region. You are invited to participate on this Facebook page by giving us your views, opinions or comments on these posts via a submission to Facebook.
As part of the submission process, you agree to your submissions being made public through this social networking site immediately upon submission. You also agree that your submission will be transferred outside of Australia to Facebook servers located outside of Australia.
If you make a contribution to this social networking site including personal information you should also be aware that, despite the terms and conditions of use of Facebook, the following possibilities exist:
- Although you may request that your personal information is removed from the website, it is possible that third parties may store or cache parts of this website containing your personal information so that your personal information will be available after deletion from this website.
- Third parties may locate your personal information through internet search engines. It is possible that third parties may collect and use your personal information for inappropriate and potentially illegal purposes.
- The moderator may reject your submission or remove your personal information from the contribution if the moderator believes that the publication of the personal information is inappropriate.
Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given your permission or council is required to do so by law.