Some events will require a bond payment; the event categories are as follows:
- Major Event/High Risk: A Major Event or High Risk event is determined as any function that involves alcohol and any function that is expecting a large attendance – e.g. Wedding / Birthday Party.
- Casual Event/Low Risk: A Non-Regular User is also referred to as a ‘Casual Booking’, a group that wishes to hire the Venue for less than 10 events within a 12 month period. – e.g. Meeting / Seminar (bond not usually required).
- Regular User: A Regular User must hold 10 or more events, booked in advance, within a 12 month period. –e.g. Weekly dance classes / Monthly meetings.
Each category incurs a different cost; please refer to the Venue Fees & Charges on the relevant Community Space page:
Venue 114 is a fully serviced venue and no longer permits self/external catering. From light snacks to catered Banquet functions, Venue 114 can provide you with the right menu to suit your event needs.
General Event Catering- Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea along with in-room Tea and Coffee.
On-site Coffee Van-Located in the beautiful Lakeside Courtyard, providing Barista made coffee and drinks- Open Monday-Friday 8am- 12pm**
**Hours may be extended upon request please speak to your Venue Officer for more information.
For events that are ticketed by Venue 114 tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or at the Box Office. Please note for over the phone ticket purchases an additional phone transaction fee will apply.
Events that are not ticketed by Venue 114 will have alternative ticket purchase methods which will be advertised on the event page.
If the event is not general admission you will have the ability to choose your own seats when booking online, by phone or in person. Event seating plans can be seen when purchasing a ticket online or at the Box Office.
If you do not wish to choose your own seats when booking online select the ‘best available’ option. You will always be allocated the best available seating available at the time of booking. For large groups please refer to the group and school visits page.
Venue 114 has a strict no refund policy however in special circumstances the policy will be reviewed and may permit a refund however this is at the discretion of Venue 114.
When refunds are permitted, or in the event of the cancellation of a performance, monies will only be refunded to the credit card that was originally used to purchase the ticket/s. If the purchase method was cash or the credit card originally used to purchase the tickets is no longer valid than the refund will be provided via a bank transfer.
If you are holding an event that involves alcohol, then it is a requirement that Security is engaged for the duration of the event. Likewise, if your event does not involve alcohol, but is determined as a ‘Major/High Risk Event’ by the Venue Officer then it is a requirement that Security is engaged for the duration of the event. The below information is a guide, your Venue Officer can provide further information regarding Security requirements.
- Cost is approximately $57 per hour, per guard.
- Minimum guard requirement - ratio of 1 guard per 100 guests.
- Guards have a minimum 4 hour duty requirement
- Guards must be employed from the commencement of the event and/or alcohol consumption through to the time that all patrons have exited the venue (Event start – Exit Time)
If you are holding an event that involves alcohol, then it is a requirement that security is engaged for the duration of the event. Likewise, if your event does not involve alcohol, but is determined as a ‘Major/High Risk Event’ by the Venue Officer then it is a requirement that security is engaged for the duration of the event.
Security can also be arranged for specific event requirements, please speak to your Venue Officer.
Yes, unless approval has been given by the Venue Manager.
Venue 114 uses Humanitix for its ticketing - an innovative, not-for-profit event ticketing platform with lower booking fees that all go to charity. What does this mean for you? Professional, lower-cost ticketing with a social impact that you can share with your patrons.
There is limited off-street parking available in a public car park adjacent to Venue 114 and ample on-street parking. However, with the Kawana Aquatics Centre, Kawana State College, Lake Kawana and Sunshine Coast Stadium in close proximity, parking can be in short supply at any given time.
Car parking is free, however, ensure you check Council signage on the surrounding streets for time limits or parking restrictions.
- Regular: A Regular User must hold 10 or more events, booked in advance, within a 12 month period. e.g. weekly, fortnightly, monthly.
- Casual / low risk: A user that wishes to hire the Venue for less than 10 events within a 12 month period for an event that is considered a low risk event.
- Casual / high risk: Any event that involves alcohol and any function that is expecting a large attendance is considered a high risk event.
- Community and Not for Profit: Schools, churches & religious organisations, government, registered community associations and Not for Profit organisations.
- Regular: Classes and workshops run on a regular basis by local residents and organisations. Must commit to 10 or more bookings within a 12 month period.
- Standard – Commercial: For profit organisations, workshops with paid attendance, expos, markets, classes, ticketed events. Less than 10 bookings in a 12 month period.
- Standard – Private: Includes any private function or celebration, weddings, birthdays, Christmas parties, anniversaries, baby showers.
Bookings are encouraged from 6.00am through to the Venue Curfew time:
- Kawana Community Hall – Midnight
- Kawana Island Meeting Place and Bellvista Meeting Place – 10.00pm
- Coolum Civic Centre - Midnight
- Standard trestle (rectangular) tables = 183cm x 76cm
- Thin trestle (rectangular) tables = 183cm x 45cm
- Round tables (8-seater) = 153cm
- Round tables (10-seater) = 180cm
- Card (square) tables = 76cm x 76cm
Once your Venue Hire Application has been submitted and processed, an Event Agreement outlining your charges and your requirements for final confirmation/approval will be forwarded to you. You will also receive a Deposit Invoice (25% of the Venue hire costs, strictly non-refundable) that is due within 14 days.
Once the Deposit Payment & signed Event Agreement are received, then your event will be confirmed in the calendar.
Please note, 14 days prior to your event date, an invoice will be issued for the balance of hire fees and the bond. This invoice must be paid in full prior to your event. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your event.
- If your tickets are stolen/lost we can trace them to you and reissue the ticket in most cases
- If an error occurs that we were unaware of at the time of sale we can correct it
- If we need to change your seating, we can contact you before the performance, ensuring a hassle free event for all
- If a show is cancelled we are able to contact you regarding your refund
Although these occurrences are rare they do happen and it does help us to serve you better. If you have given us permission to do so, we can send you important pre-event information.